I know I have been talking a lot about my running amazingness accomplishments but there are some other fitness related things I have the need to confess.
1) I haven’t weighed myself in 5 months. On purpose. You may remember I went on a great run of losing weight and getting fit. I was dropping pounds left and right. Then I hit a wall–I was doing everything I needed to yet the scale was creeping up. I decided then that I couldn’t let the scale run my life, I took a leap of faith on myself and put the scale away. I couldn’t do it anymore. The daily number had been way more important that it should have been. There have been days where all I want to do is get on the scale, but I have avoided it. Sometimes my pants are stupid tight and some days they are loose. Clothes are my new scale. I’m okay with that.
2) My running abilities make me feel like I am a superhero. No really. Daily I just want to thank my quadriceps for being so amazing. When I set out to train for this half I expected my body to give me a hard time. I mean, I used to hurt after 5ks. Now with practice I am pushing 7, 8, 9 miles. What? Even my husband can’t believe my progress. He knows my running struggles, how many times I have started and stopped in the past 16 years, he is in awe of me–and I love it. I know I am not in the same stratosphere as an elite runner, but we both have one thing in common, we both put in hours of training and last time I checked, one foot in front of the other.
3) I am finally in love with my body. I know this is so weird for some of you to read as I have lamented over this for 3 long years on the blog. A “weight loss blogger” is so not allowed to talk about how much they love their body, they have to be working towards…something–Or want something better. I don’t know when this happened but I love my reflection. My belly is bigger than the norm, my butt is BIG and its like the best butt I’ve ever seen, my hips are on the wide side and my calves are legendary. All of it makes ME, I am not anywhere near perfect but dang my husband can’t keep his hands off me so that says something right? 😉
4) I hate getting up at insane hours to run: it sucks. Bad. I have anxiety on most Monday and Wednesday nights. Hearing that alarm go off at 4:30 is torture, regardless of what time I fall asleep the night before. Granted 90% of the times I feel like a million bucks when I am finished but just getting started is so HARD! The darkness really doesn’t help, and it will get worse before it gets better–when the time change in October happens things will be better (I hope!).
5) My eating has sucked lately: I don’t know if it’s pure laziness, the summer or what. I have had some pretty terrible eating habits in the past few months. No excuses. I need to do better. I actually thought about going back to weight watchers but I don’t feel like spending any money. I just need to figure out my RMR (resting metabolic rate) and how burning 500-1200 calories per running session + cross training is affecting things. I also know that eating clean will help my running and I am so in a place to do anything that helps me run better!
6) Vacation Running is Not Looking good. I am nervous about running in the next few weeks leading up to my first (official) 10k. I have to figure out a way to run in Florida–in the heat–and I also have to figure out a way to run a semi long run in Philadelphia when I attend Women Get Social. I love Philly and everything but I have been there many times and I know that there are some seriously sketchy areas of Philly, so I can’t go all willy nilly like I did in California last month. If I have to I will get on the dreadmill, but that will be my LAST option!! I managed to run 10 miles on Saturday with the bestie and I don’t want to lose momentum!
That is all for now, there is probably more but judging by this list, I have got some things to figure out!!