One of the most popular treats this year are these amazing Winter Themed Hot Chocolate Bombs! They are adorably decorated and so fun to make with the kids!
Like most, I’ve been spending a lot of this winter indoors. There is a lot happening outside and honestly it’s just easier to be home these days.
I’ve been getting into all kinds of new TV shows and Movies just to keep me busy and entertained when I’m not working (and to keep it real, sometimes when I AM working!) Working from home certainly does have it’s benefits!
How do How Chocolate Bombs Work?
I’ve shared a few here, including these awesome hot chocolate bombs. All you have to do is buy the mold, melt chocolate, fill in the round sphere with your favorite ingredients including hot cocoa, marshmallows and more!
I’ve seen a lot of creative ingredients, so it’s easy to come up with lots of different options.
Pour hot milk over the sphere and watch it disintegrate into a yummy drink! The marshmallows and cocoa push out into the milk and it is so fun! Yes, you can make regular cocoa a lot easier but why when these are so fun?! I think we can all agree that we need all the fun we can get right now!
What is inside of the Winter Themed Chocolate Bombs?
Here is what you need for make these hot chocolate bombs:
–1-12oz bag Wilton Light Cocoa Candy Melts
—Hot Cocoa Bomb Silicone Mold
–Scoopable Hot Cocoa Powder
— White and Gold Sprinkles
Enjoy and stay warm!
These fun hot chocolate bombs have a winter themed decoration and are perfect for enjoying your favorite TV show or movie! Place 12 ounces of candy melts in a microwave safe bowl, heat on 50% power in the microwave for 3-5 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
2. Use a teaspoon to scoop the chocolate into the half circles on the silicone mold, one at a time. Spreading the chocolate evenly onto the sides and bottom of mold until completely coated in melted chocolate. Do the same to all 12 half circles.
3. Place the silicone molds into the freezer for 2-3 minutes and remove.
4. Add a second layer of melted chocolate to the half circles molds, especially on the edges.
5. Freeze again for another minute and remove.
6. Carefully stretch the silicone molds to remove the half circles.
7. Turn the mold upside down and place the rounded sides in between the molds as a stand while filling.
8. Add 1 tablespoon and of hot cocoa powder to the one side, about 5 mini marshmallows, and some sprinkles.
9. Reheat the chocolate if it has hardened and add 4 tablespoons to a decorating bag.
10. Cut a small tip off the decorating bag and frost the edge of one half chocolate circle. Carefully and quickly add an empty chocolate circle on top to make a sphere and hold it in place for 15 seconds or until the chocolate has acted like glue and hardened.
11. Place onto a plate and drizzle melted chocolate on top with the decorating bag and quickly top with sprinkles.
12. Let the chocolate harden and place in a glass of warm/hot milk, stir, and watch the bomb melt to see what’s inside or place in an empty glass and pour hot milk on top of the bomb, watching it melt, and then stir.
These fun hot chocolate bombs have a winter themed decoration and are perfect for enjoying your favorite TV show or movie!
Place 12 ounces of candy melts in a microwave safe bowl, heat on 50% power in the microwave for 3-5 minutes, stirring every 30 seconds until melted.
If you like these Easy Winter Themed Hot Chocolate Bombs be sure to check out this Yummy Gingerbread Hot Chocolate Recipe!
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am an entrepreneur, a busy mama of 3 and a wife to my high school sweetheart. I have been sharing content for over 12 years about how to cook easy recipes, workout tips and free printables that make life a little bit easier. I have been featured in places like Yahoo, Buzzfeed, What To Expect, Mediavine, Niche Pursuits, HuffPost, BabyCenter, Mom 2.0, Mommy Nearest, Parade, Care.com, and more!
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t forget to grab your free fitness journal before you go!