– 1 pound ground beef – 1 small onion, diced – 1 8-ounce can tomato sauce – 1 packet chili seasoning mix (I used McCormick) – 4 cups beef broth – 1 27-ounce can chili beans – 1 10-ounce can diced tomatoes and green chilies – 2 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with two tablespoons cold water (optional)
Here are the easy directions!
1. Set the Instant Pot to saute mode and add ground beef. Cook ground beef until browned, adding diced onions halfway through cooking. 2. When beef is cooked through, turn off Instant Pot and add tomato sauce and seasoning mix. Stir to combine.
1. Add beef broth, chili beans, and diced tomatoes with green chilies. Stir to combine. 2. Place lid on Instant Pot and seal the valve. Set Instant Pot to pressure cook for 30 minutes.
1. When cook time is up, do a natural release. Stir to combine ingredients and serve immediately or continue to next step for a thicker chili.
1. To thicken chili, add cornstarch and water mixture and stir to combine. Set Instant Pot to saute mode and allow chili to simmer for at least 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. 2. When chili begins to thicken, turn off Instant Pot and allow chili to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Ready to make this awesome recipe?