Have you ever seen those awesome cookie cakes in the mall or the local bakery? Here is a fun recipe for a cookie cake you can make right at home!
What is a cookie cake?
A cookie cake is a cake that is made out of cookies! You can use any type of cookie you like, but the most popular type is a chocolate chip cookie.
What is the difference between a cookie and a cookie cake?
The difference between a cookie and a cookie cake is that a cookie cake is usually larger and thicker than a regular cookie. A cookie cake can also have frosting or icing on it, whereas a regular cookie does not.
Why are cookies crispier than cakes?
Cookies are crispier than cakes because they are made with a different type of flour. Cake flour is made from soft wheat, while cookie flour is made from hard wheat. This makes cookies more crisp and less chewy than cakes.
This giant cookie cake recipe is fun to serve to family members with vanilla ice cream. It’s the perfect cookie cake to eat with your best friends. The colorful sprinkles makes it very similar to a traditional birthday cake.
What ingredients do you need for this cookie cake?
3/4 (1.5 sticks) cup unsalted softened butter
1 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
2 large eggs (116 g)
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1 tsp cookie nip
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup semi sweet chocolate
1/2 cup white chocolate
You won’t need any cream cheese, coconut sugar, almond butter, white sugar or peanut butter, cocoa powder for this homemade cookie cake.
This will become one of your new favorite cookie recipes that are great to make for a special occasion or anytime. This birthday cookie cake is great for a birthday party as the top of the cookie uses a piping tip for the top of the cake with rainbow sprinkles. You can even decorate this delicious cookie cake with “Happy Birthday”.
This giant chocolate chip cookie cake can replace dozens of individual cookies and make one giant thick cookies. It’s the best cookie cake for the next birthday you are celebrating!
What tools do I need to make this thick cookie?
Mixing Bowls, cups and spoons
Wilton Giant Cookie Pan, Round
This chewy cookie cake has the perfect texture and is one of those great american cookies. The gooey chocolate chips and the creamy chocolate frosting makes this the best dessert!
This adorable cookie cake is made with chocolate chips and sprinkles, perfect for a birthday party!
- 3/4 (1.5 sticks) cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs (116 g)
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 tsp cookie nip
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate
- 1/2 cup white chocolate
- Preheat your oven to 350° F.
- Add butter and brown sugar to mixing bowl and cream until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down the bowl and add eggs and flavoring.
- Combine flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl and whisk together.
- Add to dough mix and mix until just combined.
- Fold in Chocolate chips
- Spray cookie/Pizza pan
- Line with parchment paper, optional
- Spoon into the center of the pan and spread out within an inch of the side. Do not spread to the edge, the cookie needs space to expand.
- Bake at 350 for 20-22 min or until golden brown.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely
- Serve as is or decorate with buttercream.
Amount Per Serving Calories 574Total Fat 29gSaturated Fat 17gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 94mgSodium 332mgCarbohydrates 76gFiber 2gSugar 46gProtein 7g
Pin it for later!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out my Instagram Page for the latest posts!
Before you go, check out these great posts!