If you are looking for the perfect cookie, check out these amazing sea salt caramel cookies! Easy to make and so delicious!
I love trying new flavors when it comes to cookies. These will absolutely knock your socks off!
What makes the combination of sea salt and caramel so good?
It’s the perfect balance of sweet and salty.
If you are looking for a delicious new cookie to try, give these sea salt caramel cookies a go! You won’t regret it! These salted caramel cookies are the best cookies for a holiday cookie exchange.
This sweet treat will become your favorite cookie because of the perfect combination of melted caramel and chocolate chunks that make these salted caramel cookies superior!
What does sea salt do in cookies??
Sea salt brings out the sweetness of the caramel and also gives a nice salty kick. It’s a perfect balance for those who love both sweet and salty flavors.
What Flavours work with salted caramel?
Pretty much any flavor goes great with salted caramel. Some of my favorites are chocolate, vanilla, and pumpkin. But feel free to get creative and mix in your favorite flavors! The gooey caramel in the cooled cookies makes this original recipe so fun.
What ingredients do you need for these sea salt cookies?
• 1 3⁄4 cup flour
• 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
• 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
• 1/3 cup white sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 tsp cornstarch
• 1 tsp baking soda
• 3⁄4 tsp vanilla
• 1⁄2 tbsp course sea salt
• Caramels – I used (2pkgs) 2.22oz each Werthers Originals Soft
• 1 cup white chocolate (1⁄4 cup set aside). You can use white chocolate chips or roughly chop a white chocolate bar
• 2 tbsp Torbinado sugar, these can be purchased as a box packets which make it nice to have on hand for recipes
You won’t need any maple syrup , caramel sauce, bittersweet chocolate chips or heavy cream for this recipe.
Where do you serve these sea salt caramel cookies?
These cookies are perfect for any occasion! They are a great dessert to take to a party or potluck, or they can even be served as a sweet snack. This chewy caramel cookie uses caramel candies to make the perfect texture.
What equipment do I need to make these?
• Medium bowl
• Baking sheet
• Parchment paper
• large cookie or ice cream scoop
Grab your cookie sheet and wire rack and get ready to make these delicious cookies with soft caramel and flaky sea salt. You can even bake cookies on a friday night! Check out the full recipe for these bakery style cookies below!
These amazing sea salt caramel cookies are so good and chewy and amazing!
- 1 3⁄4 cup flour
- • 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- • 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- • 1/3 cup white sugar
- • 1 egg
- • 1 tsp cornstarch
- • 1 tsp baking soda
- • 3⁄4 tsp vanilla
- • 1⁄2 tbsp course sea salt
- • Caramels – I used (2pkgs) 2.22oz each Werthers Originals Soft
- • 1 cup white chocolate (1⁄4 cup set aside). You can use white chocolate chips or roughly chop a
- white chocolate bar
- • 2 tbsp Torbinado sugar, these can be purchased as a box packets which make it nice to have on
- hand for recipes
- Set oven to 350°
- In a small bowl, sift together flour, cornstarch, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In a medium size bowl, beat together butt and sugars.
- Add egg and vanilla.
- Slowly blend flour mixture into batter.
- Add 3⁄4 cup white chocolate chips.
- Chop caramels into bite size pieces and add half to the bowl of batter. Blend together. Set aside
the rest of the caramels.
- Roughly chop the white chocolate chips. Set aside.
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Use a large cookie scoop or ice cream scoop to place your cookie dollops about 3” apart. These
will spread beautifully.
- Gently press the cookie flattened a little. Press your set aside caramels and white chocolate into
the tops of these cookies.
- Sprinkle each cookie with torbinado sugar and sea salt.
- Bake 12 minutes and check for doneness. Bake longer if needed.
- Allow to cool on pan for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling wire rack.
Amount Per Serving Calories 239Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 7gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 29mgSodium 304mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 0gSugar 22gProtein 3g
Pin it for later!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out my Instagram Page for the latest posts!
Before you go, check out these great posts!