How To Create An E-Book With No Budget
During my blog break I had a lot of time, after all I wasn’t writing posts every day. I decided I would do the big projects that’s never have time for like improving SEO and creating an opt-in for my newsletter.
My e-book idea was simple: 8 Squats You Need In Your Life–it was simple and pretty much all written since I had the content all in prior published blog posts.
The process of creating an e-book was remarkably easy. Here’s how I did it.
- Decide what you want to write about. The content should have immense value to your readers. It could be something super simple like a guide or really complicated novel. Size doesn’t matter here value does.
- Start writing your draft in Google Docs. This is a very important step. Google docs is also very user friendly–you can modify your docs on the app. The ability to modify will come in handy later.
- Don’t forget to add your footer. With your title and website address. Page numbers are optional. You can really put whatever you want in this space, but if someone ever prints your document you want to be sure that they know where those awesome words came from.
- Once you are finished with your creation (and you have proofread over and over) be sure to download the document as a PDF.
- Design the cover of your E-Book in Canva. I have long since praised the magic of Canva and one of my favorite features is being able to download your design to PDF. The designs don’t come out pixelated and they look fantastically sharp. If you can buy a stock photo for $1. (See Also: How To Make Stunning Blog Graphics)
- After you have downloaded your PDF image you can combine the two PDFs. On the MacBook you can do so in the preview tab by dragging the image PDF to merge. In Windows you can use Adobe Acrobat to merge. Save it.
- Boom! You did it! Now upload the file to your blog server.
- You can now offer this amazing piece of work as a freebie to your readers. For information on how to add the e-book as a reward for opt-in check with your email list provider.
[Tweet “Learn How to Create Your Own #ebook with no #budget! #blogging #socialmedia”]
If you created an E-book, what would it be about?
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!
Tuesday 24th of January 2017
Thank you SO much for this post, Nellie! I've never attempted this because I thought it was so complicated, but even I could do this! ;)
Monday 24th of October 2016
Wow, never knew creating an ebook could be this simple and free. I always thought that I would have to pay hundreds of dollars to some designer to create an ebook for me.
Thanks for the post. Really helped me.
(starts writing my draft ;)
Tuesday 19th of January 2016
Ooh, Canva. I never thought of that. I've often thought about e-books, but on what? So many things. Photography, mental health, baking, skin care. I don't know! I know I'd read anything you wrote!
Thursday 14th of January 2016
Great post Nellie! I'll definitely be using some of your tips! Thanks!
Wednesday 13th of January 2016
Of course, writing an e-book has been on the list for a couple of years. Thanks for the How-to...some steps just got much easier!