These homemade peppermint patties with a creamy peppermint center are everything you need for the holidays! It’s a great recipe for the holiday baking season!
This delicious treat with an amazing peppermint filling is going to become one of your favorite candy recipes! Made with simple ingredients these are going to be the best peppermint patties you have ever tasted.
Holiday baking is so my jam. It’s like I get a baking itch that can’t be scratched when November 1st hits. For two straight months one of my favorite things to do is to make holiday treats. If you are a fan of york peppermint patties you are going to enjoy this dipped peppermint patty.
What ingredients do you need for these homemade peppermint patties?
8 oz cream cheese, room temperature
4 tablespoons butter, room temperature
2 lbs powdered sugar (confectioners’ sugar)
2 teaspoons peppermint extract
Food coloring, if desired
½ cup sugar, to roll patties in if desired
Sprinkles, if desired
Melted chocolate for dipping, if desired
You won’t need any corn syrup, vanilla extract, chocolate chips or candy canes for this recipe. You can use milk chocolate, semi-sweet chocolate or rich dark chocolate for the optional chocolate coating. You can even use white chocolate or mint chocolate if that is your favorite. If you are working with kids beware, kids will come after that excess chocolate.
This homemade candy is one of the easiest candies to make for the first time. These little patties will be one of the highlights of your holiday party.
If you have any leftover candy you can store these peppermint candies in an airtight container for next time. You only need a handful of ingredients to make these yummy candies with a cool peppermint center.
These fun holiday themed peppermint patties are so good to make for the Christmas season!
- 8 oz cream cheese, room tempurature
- 4 tablespoons butter, room tempurature
- 2 lbs powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- Food coloring, if desired
- ½ cup sugar, to roll patties in if desired
- Sprinkles, if desired
- Melted chocolate for dipping, if desired
- Use a mixer to beat cream cheese, butter, and extract until smooth
- Slowly add in powdered sugar
- Dust work surface with powdered sugar
- If coloring, divide the mixture as needed for each color and mix
- Roll mixture to long rope shape, then roll into individual balls
- Roll in sugar or sprinkles
- Let dry for 2 hours, store chilled between wax paper
- If dipping in chocolate, allow to dry first then dip and decorate as desired
Amount Per Serving Calories 440Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 29mgSodium 104mgCarbohydrates 87gFiber 0gSugar 84gProtein 1g
Pin it for later!