Looking for a super healthy and delicious meal? Check out these amazing healthy chicken lime tacos. They are so flavorful AND nourishing!
In my house, every day is Taco Tuesday! We love to gather our favorite toppings and have SOME version of a Mexican food. Today I am sharing an awesome cilantro lime chicken tacos recipe that will take Taco Tuesday to the next level!
This is a healthier version of chicken tacos so we won’t be using any sour cream and we will be using flour tortillas instead of white corn tortillas. Made with fresh lime juice these tasty tacos will easily become one of your favorite healthy recipes.
You will be using boneless skinless chicken breasts which is always a great healthy protein (We make our chicken tenders with this too!). The grat thing about this recipe is that you can customize with your favorite taco toppings such a cotija cheese, black beans, avocado crema, pico de gallo or red onions.
This is also a great recipe that is an easy prep meal for the week.
What do I need to make these chicken lime tacos?
· 1½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast (cut into small cubes)
· 1 tsp sugar
· ½ lime juiced (about 1 tsp.)
· ⅛ cup red wine vinegar
· 2 cloves garlic (minced)
· 2 green onions chopped
· ½ tsp. salt
· 1 tsp. chopped fresh cilantro
· ½ tsp. ground black pepper
· 10 flour tortillas – street taco size (6 inch)
· ¼ cup shredded lettuce
· 1 tomato diced
· ¼ cup salsa
· ¼ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
First you will be using a medium sized skillet to cook in. Add the chicken and sauté over medium high heat about 15 minutes or until golden brown.
After that you will be adding in lime juice, sugar, red wine vinegar, minced garlic, cilantro and green onions.
Sprinkle with salt, and pepper while cooking. Reduce heat and allow to simmer until chicken has absorbed the cilantro lime marinade. This results in some seriously juicy chicken! Be sure to warm tortillas in a small skillet flipping on each side or place in a warm oven for a few minutes.
Fill each tortilla with chicken and add in lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and top with a homemade salsa if desired. Your taste buds will love these tacos because of the lime flavor you will make them again and again! If you want you can serve with a side of cilantro lime rice.
These non traditional tacos as so yummy and can be an awesome addition to your brunch recipes.
Enjoy and be sure to tag me on Instagram when you make them!
These yummy tacos are super flavorful and great for Taco Tuesday! This fun cilantro lime chicken tacos recipe will be a hit!
- • 1½ lbs boneless, skinless chicken breast (cut into small cubes)
- • 1 tsp sugar
- • ½ lime juiced (about 1 tsp.)
- • ⅛ cup red wine vinegar
- • 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- • 2 green onions chopped
- • ½ tsp. salt
- • 1 tsp. chopped fresh cilantro
- • ½ tsp. ground black pepper
- • 10 flour tortillas – street taco size (6 inch)
- • ¼ cup shredded lettuce
- • 1 tomato diced
- • ¼ cup salsa
- • ¼ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Using a medium sized skillet, add chicken and sauté over medium- high heat about 15 minutes or until golden brown
- Add in lime juice, sugar, red wine vinegar, minced garlic, cilantro and green onions.
- Sprinkle with salt, and pepper while cooking. Reduce heat and allow to simmer until chicken has absorbed wet ingredients.
- Warm tortillas in a small skillet flipping on each side or place in a warm oven for a few minutes.
- Each taco will use 1/10th of the meat mixture. Fill each tortilla with chicken and add in lettuce, tomatoes, cheese and top with salsa if desired.
Amount Per Serving Calories 312Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 5gCholesterol 63mgSodium 523mgCarbohydrates 31gFiber 2gSugar 1gProtein 27g
If you liked this recipe be sure to check these recipes out too!