Strawberry shortcake in a jar is the perfect summertime treat! These are great to serve at bbq’s, brunches and other fun summer celebrations!
What is strawberry shortcake?
Strawberry shortcake is a dessert that typically consists of a biscuit or cake topped with strawberries and cream. It can also include other fruit, such as blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries. Strawberry shortcake is often served with a dollop of whipped cream on top.
What are some fun desserts to serve in a jar?
There are many fun desserts that can be served in a jar, such as:
Can you bake cakes in a jar?
Yes, you can bake cakes in a jar! This is a great way to make individual servings of cake. All you need is a jar with a tight-fitting lid and some cake mix. For this recipe you will be baking the cake outside of the jar and layering the ingredients.
What ingredients do you need for this cake in a jar?
Gluten free Betty Crocker Cake Mix (plus ingredients stated on box: eggs, butter, water, vanilla extract)
6 cups strawberries, sliced
Two 3 oz boxes of vanilla instant pudding (plus ingredients stated on box: 2 cups of cold milk per box)
Whipped cream for topping
Where can you serve these gluten free strawberry shortcakes?
These gluten free strawberry shortcakes can be served at any summertime celebration! They would be great for a bbq, picnic, pool party, or potluck. If you are taking them to an outdoor event, keep the jars in a cooler with ice until it is time to serve.
How do you make a gluten free version of strawberry shortcakes?
The best way to make a gluten free version of strawberry shortcakes is to use a gluten free cake mix.
What are some other ways to make this dessert?
If you want to change up this dessert, you can:
-Use a different cake mix flavor
-Add other fruits, such as blueberries or raspberries
-Use a different pudding flavor
-Top with chocolate chips or sprinkles
-Serve with ice cream instead of whipped cream
These gluten free strawberry shortcakes in a jar is so easy to make and so delicious!
- Gluten free Betty Crocker Cake Mix (plus ingredients stated on box: eggs, butter, water, vanilla extract)
- 6 cups strawberries, sliced
- Two 3 oz boxes of vanilla instant pudding (plus ingredients stated on box: 2 cups of cold milk per box)
- Whipped cream for topping
- Preheat oven to 350 F and spray the bottom of a 9x9 baking pan with cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, prepare the cake mix as directed on box with the eggs, butter, water, and vanilla extract. Mix until evenly combined and there are no more lumps.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake as directed on package, until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Once it is done baking, remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack for 30 minutes or longer. If you want a cooler and firmer cake (easier to cut into squares), you can put it in the fridge to chill some more after it has cooled on the rack for a bit.
- Prepare the pudding as per package instructions with cold milk. Mix until thickened and then set aside.
- Wash and slice the strawberries and place into bowl.
- Then cut the cooled cake into small squares.
- Now it’s time to assemble the mason jars. Add the cake, strawberry slices, pudding, and layer it any way you want. Top with more strawberry slices and some whipped cream. Serve and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving Calories 246Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 1mgSodium 354mgCarbohydrates 47gFiber 2gSugar 25gProtein 3g
Pin it for later!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out my Instagram Page for the latest posts!
Before you go, check out these great posts!