This Lemon Chicken Sheet pan Dinner is just what you need to make for dinner tonight. Made with chicken, red potatoes and asparagus, it’s the perfect weeknight meal!
With only 8 ingredients to this dish, you will be able to make it in no time. After a long busy day at work or at school, you can just come home, put everything on the pan and let your oven do the work.
Follow these step-by-step directions to start this meal, which your family will thoroughly enjoy.
Ingredients Needed to Make Lemon Chicken Sheet Pan Dinner
I am a mom and usually busy, which means I want easy dinner solutions. I found that sheet pan dinners can help me create healthy meals for my family.
Red Potatoes – You will want to make sure you cut Into 1-inch pieces. This will make the potatoes cook easier on the pan in the oven.
Avocado Oil Cooking Spray – I always have this cooking spray on hand, it helps ensure the food doesn’t stick to the pan.
Salt and pepper- If you’re going to cook a sheet pan dinner, then you need to have salt and pepper.
Thin Asparagus Cut – Go ahead and cut into 1-2inch pieces. Again, you’ll be glad you have smaller pieces because then it will cook more evenly.
Chicken Breasts Cut Into Cubes – Chicken really makes this meal complete! Buy it on sale and you can make as many sheet pan dinners as you’d like.
Garlic and lemon – Don’t forget to add garlic and lemon to this recipe. It helps add flavor!
The next time you’re looking for a simple dish to make for your family, give this sheet pan dinner a try. The lemon chicken is satisfying and you will be able to get those veggies in the bellies of your family.
As easy weeknight meal consisting of chicken, asparagus and potatoes with a wonderful lemon flavor all baked on one sheet pan!
- 1Lb Red Potatoes Cut Into 1inch Pieces
- Avocado Oil Cooking Spray
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Pepper
- 2Lbs Thin Asparagus Cut Into 1-2inch Pieces
- 1 1/2 Lbs Chicken Breasts Cut Into Cubes
- 1 Tablespoon Garlic
- 1 Lemon
- Pre-heat oven 400 degrees.Spread the red potatoes out on a sheetpan.
- Spray the potatoes with avocado cooking spray then sprinkle with garlic, salt & pepper to your liking. Place in the oven for 15 minutes.
- While potatoes are baking, toss asparagus & chicken into a mixing bowl.
- Squeeze half of a lemon into the bowl and then sprinkle the rest of the garlic, salt & pepper into the bowl.
- Toss to coat, then transfer to the sheetpan with the potatoes.
- Place the sheetpan back in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until chicken is fully cooked.
- While the Sheetpan is in the oven, slice up the second half of the lemon into cubes.
- Once sheet pan is fully cooked, remove from oven and place the cubed lemon pieces onto the sheet pan. You can squeeze the lemons while eating for extra flavor!
If you liked this easy weeknight dinner meal be sure to check these out too!