If you are looking to serve a yummy healthy salad for your independence day celebration be sure to try this red white and blueberry salad!
What are some of the most popular party salads?
Some of the most popular party salads include: Caesar salad, Cobb salad, Greek salad, spinach salad, and Waldorf salad.
Which is better for parties, fruit salads or regular salads?
There is no right or wrong answer to this question – it depends on what type of party you are throwing and what your guests’ preferences are.
If you are having a more casual get-together, a fruit salad might be a good option. On the other hand, if you are hosting a more formal event, a traditional salad would be a better choice.
What are some of the best toppings for salads?
Some of the best toppings for salads include: cheese, croutons, bacon, eggs, and nuts.
How can I make my salad more interesting?
There are many ways to make a salad more interesting. One way is to experiment with different types of lettuce, such as arugula or spinach.
Another way is to add some unique toppings, such as avocado or roasted sweet potatoes. Finally, you can also try using a different dressing, such as balsamic vinegar or tahini.
What ingredients do you need for the salad?
1 head Romain Lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
1 head bok choy, chopped into bite sized pieces
4-6 oz Grape tomatoes
4-6 oz Blue cheese, crumbled
1 1/2 cup Fresh Strawberries, chopped
1 1/4 cup Fresh blueberries
Blueberry balsamic vinaigrette
What ingredients do you need for the blueberry vinaigrette?
1 cup blueberries (fresh or thawed)
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
2 1/2 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1/8 tsp pepper
1/8 tsp salt
½ cup garlic infused olive oil
What is blueberry vinaigrette?
Blueberry vinaigrette is a type of salad dressing made with blueberries, balsamic vinegar, honey, lemon juice, pepper, and salt. It is often used on green salads or fruit salads.
How do you make blueberry vinaigrette?
To make blueberry vinaigrette, simply combine all of the ingredients in a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
Enjoy this amazing salad for anytime but especially fun and festive for July 4th!
This red white and blueberry salad is great for independence day or anytime!
- 1 head Romaine Lettuce, torn into bite sized pieces
- 1 head bok choy, chopped into bite sized pieces
- 4-6 oz Grape tomatoes
- 4-6 oz Blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 cup Fresh Strawberries, chopped
- 1 1/4 cup Fresh blueberries
- Blueberry balsamic vinaigrette
- 1 cup blueberries (fresh or thawed)
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 1/2 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ½ cup garlic infused olive oil
- Chop the bottom root off of the bok choy about 1/2 from the bottom and discard.
- Chop the bok choy into bite sized pieces (the green & white) and wash.
- Add to salad bowl and set aside.
- Wash the head of romaine lettuce, pat dry and tear into bite sized pieces.
- Add to the salad bowl and toss to mix the greens.
- Half the grape tomatoes.
- Chop the strawberries.
- Add tomatoes, strawberries, blueberries and blue cheese crumble to the salad.
- Place in the fridge to chill while making blueberry balsamic vinaigrette or until ready to serve.
Blueberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
- Add blueberries, honey, balsamic vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- Blend until smooth.
- Slowly pour in the oil.
- Blend until smooth and creamy
Amount Per Serving Calories 429Total Fat 28gSaturated Fat 16gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 64mgSodium 1069mgCarbohydrates 27gFiber 5gSugar 17gProtein 21g
Pin it for later!
If you enjoyed this recipe be sure to check out my Instagram Page for the latest posts!
Before you go, check out these great posts!