If you are looking for a super cute treat to celebrate the new Blues Clues movie check out these fun blue and white Rice Krispie treats!
Rice Krispie treats are so fun to make with kids. They love all of the mixing, shaping and candy decorating. They are super versatile and they taste great!
The new Blue’s Clues movie is certainly a fun occasion to celebrate and making these yummy treats are a fun way to do just that!
Blue’s Clues celebrates it’s 15th Birthday this year with the release of its first full-length movie. Blue, the lovable puppy who lives in her very own backyard with Steve and Joe is returning to television with all new friends!
This fun recipe uses blue frosting, cake sprinkles and a bit of gel frosting to make these treats look just like Steve’s amazing Ice Cream Machine cake from the movie!
These Rice Krispie treats would be a fantastic after-school activity for preschoolers. The younger kids can help make the rice krispie base while older kids could help decorate them into their favorite Blue character!
What ingredients do you need for these awesome Blue’s Clues Rice Krispie Treats?
6 Cups Rice Krispies Cereal
1 16 oz bag Marshmallows
1⁄4 Cup (1/2 a stick) of Butter
1/2 Cup white candy melts Nonstick spray
Electric blue food color
The coolest part about these fun treats is that they are dyed blue on the inside and coated with a white candy melt on the outside. Just like cake pops but with half the work!
What equipment will you need for these Blue’s Clues Treats?
Red White & Blue Sprinkles
12 Popsicle Sticks
Disposable Icing/Piping Bags
3-inch Paw Print Cutter
These are great for a Blue’s Clues themed party or even a pet friendly party. Of course they are great for anytime too!
These super fun Rice Krispie Treats are so good and fun to make to celebrate the Blues Clues Movie!
- 6 Cups Rice Krispies Cereal
- 1 16 oz bag Marshmallows
- 1⁄4 Cup (1/2 a stick) of Butter
- 1/2 Cup white candy melts
- Nonstick spray
- Electric blue food color
- Lightly grease parchment lined baking sheet with nonstick spray and s set aside. Melted the Marshmallows and thirty second increments with the butter.
- Stir after 30 seconds to make sure the Marshmallows don't stick to the bowl. Add in two drops of electric blue gel color
- Mix well and then add crispy rice cereal.
- Who wants fully mixed pour out onto parchment lined baking sheet and press until even.
- Pro tip:
- Use a second sheet of parchment, spray it with non stick. Use a rolling pin to flatten the cereal/marshmallow mixture.
- Then fold in half and press once more to have a base thick enough to cut out the shapes.
- Allow this to set for 20-30 mins
- Cut out paw print shapes.
To make the pop:
- Melt the candy coating.
- Dip one end of the straws into the chocolate and then directly into the Paw print.
- Add remaining melted chocolate to a piping bag and pipe on 4 circles for the paw and a triangle in the center to complete.
- Pop in fridge for 10 min to set.
I had to do this 3 times are 30 seconds for all the marshmallows to be melted.
Pin it for later!