5 Ways To Become A Morning Workout Person
When I first started in the gym, I would start by going after work. I’d find myself getting my sweat on right after work, and hitting the hay HARD right after! Then I had kids. 🙂 I had to run home and pick up my children who were being taken care of at the daycare, and the commute home was adventurous to say the least.
I quickly learned how to become a morning workout person, and even though it was rough at first, it quickly became my favorite way to start my day. Working out in the morning was so good for my brain–all of a sudden I was thinking clearly, I had a bit more pep in my step, and I felt super accomplished before 8am!
Here are some of the tips I have for how to become an early morning exerciser:
- Set your clothes up the night before: Nothing will delay (or derail) you more than fumbling for workout clothes in the wee hours of the morning. If you love your workout clothes the way I do, you have to make sure your outfit is CUTE too! Take 5 minutes to choose something you love to wear and it will be the transition THAT much easier.
- Know before you go: It’s super easy to say that you are going to workout in the morning right? But it’s even better when you are specific about what you want to do. Know if you are going to do a youtube workout, a strength workout or a spin class–If you aren’t used to getting up that time of morning your brain will not want to do much of anything. Have a plan.
- Have everything ready: Fill your water bottle and put it in the fridge, have your keys right where you need them, pack your petty cash, fuel (if you need it for a long run), Metrocard (if needed), have it ALL ready to go! I can’t tell you how many precious minutes I’ve wasted looking for all of these things.
- It’s not going to feel good (until you get there): When I started getting up at 4:30 am to run, I hated every single minute. From the alarm going off, to putting my clothes on I questioned my decision making skills. However, once I got started, and the endorphins started flowing–I was SO grateful for the decision!!
- Be prepared for a crash: Around 2 o’clock the effects of getting up so early started to catch up with me. It’s super important to be ready for this with a great snack that you can carry in your bag wherever you go!
My choice is the Premier Protein bars! They are easy to grab and go, can stay in your purse and delivers high quality protein that will keep you nourished and keep you going for the rest of the day.
Premier Protein ® 30g Protein Bars
- Premier Protein new and improved 30g bars now have no artificial
sweeteners, flavors or colors.
- Each gluten free bar is a good source of fiber (3g) and calcium, providing
10% daily value calcium.
- Whether you’re grabbing breakfast on the go or in need of an afternoon
snack, these delicious bars will give you sustained energy when you need it
- Premier Protein 30g bars come in seven delicious flavors, including
Chocolate Peanut Butter, Yogurt Peanut Crunch, Peanut Butter Crunch, New
Salted Caramel, Dark Chocolate Mint, New Dark Chocolate Almond and
Double Chocolate Crunch.