This air fryer chicken and waffles recipe is so good and will become one of your brunch favorites! Featuring crispy chicken made in the air fryer, this is an amazing recipe.
Chicken and Waffles is such a classic dish, it’s just good comfort food. It’s super popular and definitely a crowd favorite. This recipe calls for chicken breasts to be seasoned perfectly in a flour mixture then air fried until they are golden brown.
Then grab your waffle iron to make some delicious crispy waffles. The chicken and waffle combination is so good! Add a little syrup and yum!
What ingredients do you need for this crispy fried chicken and waffles recipe?
2 boneless chicken breasts
1/2 cup of cornstarch
1/2 cup of all purpose flour
2 tablespoons of nature’s seasoning
2 large eggs
2 1/2 cups of pancake mix
1 1/2 cups of water.
A lot of the traditional chicken and waffles recipes call for egg whites , garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne pepper or even hot oil or paper towels. Some use chicken thighs or chicken wings but we will be using chicken breasts. The best chicken to use is up to you but the process remains the same.
The nature’s seasoning is great and it has a great blend, so no extra black pepper, kosher salt are needed to add to the dry ingredients. Instead of placing the chicken in vegetable oil, you will instead place chicken in the air fryer so they can get crispy. The best part is that the clean up is definitely less.
Whether you make belgian waffles or regular waffles, there is so much flavor when you put a piece of chicken in between fluffy waffles. Add some sweet maple syrup and maybe even a little melted butter and this will absolutely be one of your favorite chicken recipes. Some might even like to serve with hot sauce on the side.
This homemade chicken and waffles recipe is the real deal! It’s a really great twist on this southern recipe. The crisp waffle, and the crispy chicken + the spice blend makes this the ultimate brunch easy chicken recipe!
The Air Fryer makes some of the best fried chicken! You don’t have to worry about putting the chicken on a wire rack, no baking sheet, you still get the crispy crust without all of the extra oil. You just transfer chicken into the air fryer and call it a day.
This air fryer chicken and waffles recipe is easy to whip up and perfect for brunch.
- Chicken fillets:
- 2 chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup of cornstarch
- 1/2 cup of flour
- 2 tablespoons of nature’s seasoning
- 2 eggs
- 2 1/2 cups of pancake mix
- 1 1/2 cups of water.
- Pound the chicken breasts using the flat side of a cleaver or kitchen hammer. Pound breast to 1/2” thick. Cut breast into 4 fillets.
- In a bowl, mix flour and cornstarch with natures seasoning. In another bowl, beat the eggs.
- Coat the fillets in flour mix, then egg wash and then back into the flour mix.
- Spray air fryer basket with oil and place fillets in basket. Spray fillets with oil.
- Cook fillets on 380°f for 12-15 minutes.
- Make sure chicken internal temp reaches 165°f. Flip fillets and cook for 3-5 to crisp breading.
- Let fillets rest and cook.
- Mix water and pancake mix to create waffle batter. Using waffle iron, pour batter and cook. Make sure batter is evenly dispersed.
- Assemble the fillets between two waffle squares, coat with warm syrup and enjoy.
Amount Per Serving Calories 634Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 166mgSodium 3352mgCarbohydrates 94gFiber 4gSugar 15gProtein 37g
If you liked this recipe be sure to check out these too!