What do you do when you have a craving for something particular but don’t quite have all of the ingredients? Do you sit and cry like I do? Or, do you improvise? Today I’ve got a 5 ingredients banana bread recipe that will have you baking this classic treat in no time!
Banana Bread Craze
One of the weirdest trends to come out of this lockdown–don’t get me started on toilet paper hoarding or any of the many many more weird trends–is the mass baking of banana bread. Sourdough bread is a close second but banana bread is a clear winner here! I even saw one of my Facebook friends make 7 banana breads all at once…I mean we all love it but that much? hmm.
I get it too, I have personally had these kids request bananas only to find them in the corner overripe and abandoned. Apparently you can freeze them, but I’m not even sure if I had the energy to do all of that to be honest.
What I love about a good banana bread is that it’s a fun way to sneak healthy foods into the kids daily diet.
What I love most about this recipe is that with a little bit of cooking magic, you can make easy banana bread with half the ingredients. This innovative recipe calls for banana mash, eggs, one box of vanilla cake mix, butter OR oil and a teaspoon of baking soda.
That’s it! Easy Peasy. This is even a super easy recipe for those that might not consider themselves good bakers. This recipe is hard to mess up!
If you are looking for a super simple banana bread recipe this is it! Enjoy!
A super easy 5 ingredient banana bread recipe that you will love! All you need is eggs, oil, baking powder, bananas and cake mix!
- 1.5 cups banana mash (about 3 medium) or 9.6 oz
- 2 eggs
- 3 Tablespoons melted butter or oil (if using butter measure after melting)
- on 16.25 oz box of vanilla cake mix
- 1 Teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350F, generously butter a loaf pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mash the bananas the mix in the eggs and the melted butter or oil. In a large bowl pour mix the cake mix and the baking soda.
- Pour half of the mashed banana into the cake mix then use a hand mixer to mix for a few minutes, then pour in the remaining of the mashed banana mix and mix until you have a batter that’s thoroughly combined and has a bit of air and fluffiness to it.
- Pour the batter into the buttered pan then place in center of the oven and bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until you can insert a butter knife or long toothpick into the center of the bread and it comes out clean.
- Keep an eye on it around the 30 minutes because everyone’s ovens is different, insert the knife to check and after every 5 minutes check again until it comes clean. My oven took about 38 minutes.
- Once baked through set on a rack to cool completely before cutting into.
- Enjoy with a butter and honey for a great treat.