Excited is not even the word. I still remember the chill that ran down my spine when I saw the cast of the Black Panther film last year. It’s not only that the characters are african american but the caliber of actresses and actors is just incredible. As a brown girl growing up, a film like this would be life changing!
If you don’t understand the power of representation, imagine growing up never seeing a superhero who looks like you. When American Girl dolls came out I always picked Addy who had to escape slavery. But now kids have #BlackPanther’s Nakia, Shuri and Okoye. Dope on many levels.
— Natasha Alford ?? (@NatashaSAlford) January 30, 2018
I’m sad it took so long, but I am SO happy it’s finally here. I’ve got my tickets for Thursday the 15th and I’m so excited to see it!
“It is your time.” Get your tickets to see #BlackPanther, coming to theaters February 16: https://t.co/Nr2Hefr37C pic.twitter.com/KDNmvt94c7
— Black Panther (@theblackpanther) January 29, 2018
- Gather Your Outfit: When you go out to the movie, make sure that you are READY for the premiere. That could mean anything to anyone, but I’ve heard rumblings of wearing traditional African clothing, to wearing all black. Whatever it is you want to do, is up to you. Dressing up for the movie makes the whole event so much more fun! Plus think of the awesome social media pics!
- Sponsor a teen: Do you know a teen that you can sponsor to see the film? Buy them a ticket! Tickets are on sale now at Fandango.com and have them be a part of the historic opening!
- Follow along on the hashtag and engage: The official hashtag for the Black Panther Movie is #BlackPanther. Check out the hashtag often on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram and engage with other excited fans. The social media footprint is being watched as well and we want to make sure that the impact is HUGE!
- Advocate for a Black Panther 2: Yes, I know, I haven’t even seen the new film, but I already want there to be a second movie. I want to show that there can be hit films with heroes of all colors, but especially a dominantly African American film.
- Explain the significance to your children: For us this is a big deal because let’s be honest the movie industry has come pretty far and this is a revolutionary event for us so let’s be sure to explain to them how big of a deal it is and WHY they should be excited too! The moment is history is simply too great to ignore!
Like BLACK PANTHER on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/BlackPantherMovie
Follow BLACK PANTHER on Twitter: https://twitter.com/theblackpanther
Follow Marvel Studios on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/marvelstudios/
BLACK PANTHER arrives in theaters everywhere on February 16, 2018!5 Easy Ways You Can Support The #BlackPanther Movie!
Are you going to see it? Do you take the time to explain to children when great strides are made in entertainment?
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!
Monday 13th of September 2021
Thanks for your information!
Monday 13th of September 2021
I am big fan of this movie.
Friday 17th of January 2020
I have not watched it yet but I have been reading reviews on it, better late than never right. I love Lupita though.
Saturday 29th of September 2018
Look good. I think I will apply this method to see how it will go. Thanks. Going to get one.
Wednesday 28th of February 2018
I know I'm late to this, but YES to all of it!! I made a point to explain to my son why the movie was so important. He said all his classmates were jealous that he went to see it on its first weekend. I will probably go see it again, I'm in love with Michael B Jordan.