These 4th of July Jello Shots are great for any Independence Day celebration! These patriotic jello shots are so easy to make and tasty too! Alcoholic and non alcoholic versions included in the recipe.
Can you believe the summer is just about here? I love a good fourth of july party. It’s one of my favorite holidays. What better way to say Happy 4th Of July than with these fun jello shots?!
The best part about these treats is that they are super easy to make. This jello shot recipe red white and blue and a fun way to celebrate.
If you want to make these with alcohol you can make them with a cup of water or even one cup vodka if you want to make it an adult treat. The best way to include everyone would be to make one batch for the kids and one for the adults!
How Many Jello shots can I make with this recipe?
You can make about 25 plastic shot glasses. Some recipes call for cherry jello but I used strawberry jello for this recipe. Instead of doing a red layer, a blue layer and a white layer, these jello cups have more of a stained glass look.
This recipe calls for sweetened condensed milk and unflavored gelatin. You will be mixing the strawberry and berry blue jello layer. You will need a small bowl and a medium bowl to put everything together.
What ingredients do you need for these 4th of July Jello Shots?
6 ounce box strawberry Jello
6 ounce box berry blue Jello
14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
5 cups boiling water (divided)
1/2 cup cold water
1/2 cup rum/ cup of vodka; or other choice of liquor
Try these jello shots at your next independence day, labor day or memorial day party and they will be a huge hit!
These red white and blue jello shots are perfect for any July 4th celebration!
- 6 ounce box strawberry Jello
- 6 ounce box berry blue Jello
- 14 ounce can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 envelopes unflavored gelatin
- 5 cups boiling water (divided)
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1/2 rum; or other choice of liquor
- (For non alcoholic replace rum with 1/2 cup hot water)
- Mix strawberry and berry blue Jello per the box directions and place them into bowls into the fridge overnight or for at least 3 hours until set.
- Break up Jello and place into Jello shot cups. A little of each color works well.
- In a separate large bowl, sprinkle 2 envelopes of unflavored gelatin into 1/2 cup cold water and allow to sit for 5 minutes. After the gelatin blooms (it will look mostly dissolved and get wrinkly on the surface), add 1 cup boiling water and 1/2 cup rum (or liquor of choice); stir to dissolve.
- Add the can of condensed milk and stir to combine; set aside to cool to room temperature. Pour the cooled milk mixture over the red and blue Jello in the shot cups.
Place in the fridge overnight to set.
Amount Per Serving Calories 88Total Fat 2gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 1gCholesterol 7mgSodium 41mgCarbohydrates 14gFiber 0gSugar 14gProtein 2g