These fun Mardi Gras Cupcakes are super easy to make. Made with white box cake mix and yellow green and purple food coloring for a tasty fun treat.
Do you make treats for Mardi Gras?
I made these fun Mardi Gras Cupcakes for a friend who is having a party. Mardi Gras is such a fun holiday to celebrate regardless of where you are in the world. It’s a time for parties, parades and fun!
These cupcakes are super easy to make and great for kids to help with. They only require basic ingredients you can find in most grocery stores.
What ingredients do you need for these cupcakes?
1 (15.25oz) box of white cake mix 3 eggs
1/3 cup oil
1 cup water
1 tsp clear vanilla, optional
1-2 drops electric gel food color (yellow, green and purple)
Where do you serve these amazing mardi gras cupcakes?
You can eat these cupcakes at a Mardi Gras party or serve them at your child’s classroom to celebrate the holiday.
What else do you need for these cupcakes?
Mardi Gras beads and other festive candy. Gumballs, jellybeans and chocolate coins work great. You can even use plastic toys that fit into the theme such as goldfish crackers and little green army men.
Kids love to make these treats! The different frosting colors really make this visually stunning!
Make sure you have a full piping bag to make each color. We used disposable piping bags, but washable ones work great too! Twist the top of the bag when you are finished with it so none of your frosting leaks out.
These are super easy to make with box cake mix, yellow, green and purple colors of food coloring, candy beads and lots of fun!
These super fun mardi gras cupcakes are great to make with kids! Make with white boxed cake mix and fun colors for the holiday!
- 1 (15.25oz) box of white cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup oil
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp clear vanilla, optional
- 1-2 drops electric gel food color (yellow, green and purple)
- Add cake mix, vanilla, eggs, oil and water to mixing bowl.
- Mix according to package instructions.
- Separate the mix into three bowls
- Add 1-2 drops of food color per bowl and mix until well incorporated. Line cupcake tin with wrappers.
- Add one tsp of each color to the liners until 3/4 full. Bake for 15-18 min
- Let cool.
- Make your favorite vanilla frosting.
- Dye it the same 3 colors as the batter. Place each color in a 12 inch piping bag. Drop a 1M tip into a 16 inch piping bag.
- Add the 12 inch piping bags to the 16 inch bag and pipe a swirl on top of each cupcake. Add sprinkles and enjoy!
Standard sized muffin/cupcake tin Hand or stand mixer
AmeriColor Food Coloring - Electric Kit - Soft Gel Paste, 7 .75 Ounce Bottles
1-16 inch piping bag
3-12 inch piping bags
1M, 2D or tip 836 (you need a large star tip)
Amount Per Serving Calories 143Total Fat 12gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 10gCholesterol 70mgSodium 58mgCarbohydrates 6gFiber 0gSugar 3gProtein 3g
Pin it for later!