Bloggers work hard.
Since I started blogging over 4 years ago (way before that if you include my domain at Geocities years ago!) I have toiled and spent a lot of time creating content for the masses (in my head at least!).
I was having a conversation with a (non blogger) friend and I asked her why she doesn’t share my stuff. She gave me a bewildered look and asked me WHY she would do that when all she wanted to do was get the information and bounce. I let her know that it is SO important to tweet, share, talk about it etc because more eyes = more readers. Then it was like a light bulb went off and she got it. She could support me in the simplest of ways and she didn’t realize how big of a difference her small actions could make!
Here are 9 Solid Ways YOU can Help A Blogger Out
1) Tweet their link: loved a blog post? Did it make you chuckle or think deeply? Did it give value or make a great point? Tweet the link. It doesn’t matter how many followers you have. Putting it out there is a great way of saying thank you to the writer, plus you look cool for sharing great stuff.
2) Like the FaceBook page: This one is easy. The best part Facebook pages is if you get annoyed with the content you can simply unfollow but the blogger still keeps the like. Win/Win.
3) Join Their Newsletter: this is another easy way to support your favorite blogger. If you don’t like the emails (which I doubt) you can set up a rule in your inbox to filter them out. The blogger won’t know and you won’t have to read it if you don’t want to.
[Tweet “9 Easy Ways You Can Support Your Favorite Blogger! #blogging #socialmedia”]
4) Leave a comment: I personally think that people don’t leave a comment on posts because they may feel that a comment needs to be super insightful and well thought out and that takes a lot of time. It doesn’t have to be so complicated. Leaving even a few words for a blogger is extremely valuable because bloggers care about feedback!
5) Comment on Facebook Page Posts: Some may not know about the crazy Facebook algorithm that prevents you from seeing posts from your favorite sources. When you comment on a post it is like a jolt of power–Facebook sees that someone has commented and as a reward sends it to more people. The more comments, the more exposure. Likes are great too but comments hold all the weight.
6) Suggest Content: If you want to see something on your friends blog–let them know. We are constantly doing content creation and you might have an idea we have never thought about before.
7) Word of Mouth: tell your friends. Not in a obnoxious way but if you know someone that could benefit from your favorite blog, tell them–always assume they have never heard of it.
8) Encourage them: this blogging life can be hard and insane at times. If you notice that they are not blogging consistently try to say a word of encouragement to keep them motivated.
9) Shout them out: If you end up using a service or a brand that a blogger recommended mention both the brand and the blogger publicly on social media. This makes the blogger look like a hero for having great taste and the blogger will love you forever for making her (or him) look so good!
If you are a blogger do you these things? If you don’t blog do you find this list helpful?