Home fun 9 Easy Ways You Can Show Your Appreciation To Your Favorite Bloggers

9 Easy Ways You Can Show Your Appreciation To Your Favorite Bloggers

c'est la vie, mon cherie - frenchconnection.com

Bloggers work hard.

Since I started blogging over 4 years ago (way before that if you include my domain at Geocities years ago!) I have toiled and spent a lot of time creating content for the masses (in my head at least!).

I was having a conversation with a (non blogger) friend and I asked her why she doesn’t share my stuff. She gave me a bewildered look and asked me WHY she would do that when all she wanted to do was get the information and bounce. I let her know that it is SO important to tweet, share, talk about it etc because more eyes = more readers. Then it was like a light bulb went off and she got it. She could support me in the simplest of ways and she didn’t realize how big of a difference her small actions could make!

Here are 9 Solid Ways YOU can Help A Blogger Out

1) Tweet their link: loved a blog post? Did it make you chuckle or think deeply? Did it give value or make a great point? Tweet the link. It doesn’t matter how many followers you have. Putting it out there is a great way of saying thank you to the writer, plus you look cool for sharing great stuff.

2) Like the FaceBook page: This one is easy. The best part Facebook pages is if you get annoyed with the content you can simply unfollow but the blogger still keeps the like. Win/Win.

3) Join Their Newsletter: this is another easy way to support your favorite blogger. If you don’t like the emails (which I doubt) you can set up a rule in your inbox to filter them out. The blogger won’t know and you won’t have to read it if you don’t want to.

[Tweet “9 Easy Ways You Can Support Your Favorite Blogger! #blogging #socialmedia”]

4) Leave a comment: I personally think that people don’t leave a comment on posts because they may feel that a comment needs to be super insightful and well thought out and that takes a lot of time. It doesn’t have to be so complicated. Leaving even a few words for a blogger is extremely valuable because bloggers care about feedback!

5) Comment on Facebook Page Posts: Some may not know about the crazy Facebook algorithm that prevents you from seeing posts from your favorite sources. When you comment on a post it is like a jolt of power–Facebook sees that someone has commented and as a reward sends it to more people. The more comments, the more exposure. Likes are great too but comments hold all the weight.

6) Suggest Content: If you want to see something on your friends blog–let them know. We are constantly doing content creation and you might have an idea we have never thought about before.

7) Word of Mouth: tell your friends. Not in a obnoxious way but if you know someone that could benefit from your favorite blog, Β tell them–always assume they have never heard of it.

8) Encourage them: this blogging life can be hard and insane at times. If you notice that they are not blogging consistently try to say a word of encouragement to keep them motivated.

9) Shout them out: If you end up using a service or a brand that a blogger recommended mention both the brand and the blogger publicly on social media. This makes the blogger look like a hero for having great taste and the blogger will love you forever for making her (or him) look so good!

If you are a blogger do you these things? If you don’t blog do you find this list helpful?

Janine Huldie October 12, 2015 - 7:59 am

Totally helpful ways and you know I just couldn’t agree more with you, Nellie. Hope you are enjoying your trip and seriously can’t wait to hear all about it now πŸ˜‰

Kenya g johnson October 12, 2015 - 9:43 am

I DO do these things. ? But sometimes I share in lieu of comment.

Nellie October 12, 2015 - 3:08 pm

you are SUPER good about sharing!

Stephanie October 12, 2015 - 10:39 am

I have a draft of a similar post but you’ve nailed it Nellie. These are perfect and simple. Most people don’t realize those little things mean a lot!

Tamieka October 12, 2015 - 11:01 am

Awesome!

Thanks for this!

I try to do all of these.

I need to add the tweet button to my blog.

Nellie October 12, 2015 - 3:08 pm

yes!! add it! makes it so much easier to share!

Kita October 12, 2015 - 1:48 pm

As long as people do one I am good with that and I get a lot of people who share instead of commenting too so that’s good enough for me. I have to get in the habit of sharing too. I don’t share enough and I should be sharing every blog that I comment on *sigh* I hope to get better at this by the end of the year

Tamara October 12, 2015 - 8:12 pm

It’s the most perfect post. I think sometimes non-bloggers don’t get it, but then they do and it’s a lightbulb. And sometimes even bloggers don’t get it, me included. Big time. I love to show appreciation.

Coco October 12, 2015 - 8:14 pm

OMG, I’ve been meaning to write a post like this! Now I can put it off for a little while longer. πŸ˜‰ For Facebook, I would add “liking” posts that you see in your feed.

April October 12, 2015 - 10:44 pm

Yes!!! Oh my goodness. This is so right on. I shared it everywhere. My family/friends will either learn something or be annoyed with me….Ha!

THERESA October 13, 2015 - 12:29 am

Amen, when you pour your heart & soul into something it’s all these things that help a blogger. Especially if they are getting started. We are a community & should be supporting eachother. There is room for everyone. Lovely post. Pinned & shared.

Allie October 13, 2015 - 5:53 am

YES!!!! I’m just going to forward this to all my friends who don’t “get” blogging. Some of them ask what the best way to help my posts are πŸ™‚ So sweet. This is perfect!!

Britt October 13, 2015 - 1:10 pm

Awesome post Nellie! It is so true that people who aren’t bloggers don’t always know or realize that they can help their blogger friends out. Love this list!!

Nicole October 13, 2015 - 11:48 pm

Great list! I definitely can relate to your story – I think that people that aren’t bloggers don’t necessarily realize how it all works and how doing things like sharing links can be really helpful. I have friends & family that’ll read my blog and then text/email/call me with a comment and I’m thinking, “Leave a comment ON MY BLOG!” Haha.

Pam October 14, 2015 - 2:39 pm

Such good tips. I have seen comments declining in the past several months, and I agree with you that people feel they need to leave a deep, insightful comment.. But just letting someone know you enjoyed the post is good too!

Eva October 15, 2015 - 8:53 pm

Great entry! #5 is the one that literally kills me. I wish people knew about this πŸ™‚

Leslie October 20, 2015 - 10:30 am

Yes to all of these! I’ve been trying to get better about sharing others’ content on a regular basis. And who doesn’t love getting requests for more content?

Grateful Holiday Giveaway Blog Hop - Got2Run4Me November 23, 2015 - 12:05 am

[…] our favorite bloggers. I’ve been thinking about this for a while and was taken aback when Nellie wrote a great post on the same topic, but I’m going to put my own spin on it and hope she trusts me that I […]

The Sunday Skinny 10/18/15 - Skinny Fitalicious November 10, 2016 - 4:18 pm

[…] 9 Easy Ways You Can Show Appreciation To Your Fellow Bloggers – Show the love! […]