10 Amazing Health and Wellness Podcasts for Women of Color
Podcasts are HOT.
I love them, I simply can’t get enough of them. A few months ago I published a list of podcasts that everyone should be listening to, and a few years ago I published a full list of health and wellness podcasts. In a short few years the industry has absolutely exploded with new voices, new niches and a plethora of information. I am always looking for a new podcast as I listen when I am working out, cooking, traveling, or even simply on the train. It is a great way to learn while you multitask!
Today I am sharing 10 amazing podcasts for women of color. Check them out!
- Black Girl In Om: “Welcome to your go-to conversation on all things wellness, self-care and self-love for women of color, hosted by Black Girl In Om founder Lauren Ash and Art Direction Deun Ivory. This show uplifts, affirms, informs and features a refreshing line-up of guests–including yogis, holistic life stylists, clean beauty experts, and a plethora of other movers, shakers and innovators within the wellness and beauty industries. This buzz worthy show speaks directly from women of color to women of color and strives to inspire women around the world.” Subscribe on iTunes & Google Play.
- Therapy For Black Girls: “Therapy for Black Girls is an online space dedicated to encouraging the mental wellness of Black women and girls. So often the stigma surrounding mental health issues and therapy prevent Black women from taking the step of seeing a therapist. I developed the space to present mental health topics in a way that feels more accessible and relevant.” Subscribe on iTunes.
- AFFIRM Podcast: The podcast for women of color who affirm their worth, value mental health and seek wholeness. Davia, the founder of Redefine Enough and licensed therapist, will interview a series of guests who will share their journeys of mental health as it relates to self-care, anxiety, depression, religion, and suicide. Biweekly episodes on iTunes, Google Play, & Soundcloud
- Six Weeks To Fitness: Six Weeks to Fitness host, Vincent Ferguson interviews fitness and nutrition professionals, celebrities, athletes, movers and shakers from all over the world to help guide the listener along the path towards living a healthier lifestyle. Vince shares successful weight loss stories of people who have lost as much as 100 lbs and have kept it off! Listen on iOS
- The WODS and Wellness Show: The WODS and Wellness Show is an independent media company that creates digital content spanning across multiple mediums including podcasting and video. Listen on iOS & Google Play
- The Friend Zone: Listen along every Wednesday as Dustin Ross, HeyFranHey & Assante explore mental health, mental wealth and mental hygiene, because who in the hell wants a musty brain? For the past two years they have been exploring everyday issues and sometimes they have fun throwback episodes that are always so funny! Listen on iTunes.
- Another Round: Heben Nigatu and Tracy Clayton cover everything from race, gender and pop culture to squirrels, mangoes, and bad jokes, all in one boozy podcast. The best part about their conversations is that there is ALWAYS a reference to caring for yourself, and the many ways you can successfully do so. Listen on iTunes.
- Hey Girl by Alex Elle: hey, girl. is a podcast that unites the voices of phenomenal women near and far. Created with sisterhood and storytelling in mind, author Alex Elle sits down with people who inspire her. From friends to family members and strangers, the hey, girl. guests give us a peek into their stories through candid and intimate conversations. Listen on iTunes.
- Docs: Health and wellness should always be at the top of your priorities. Now with Docs, it can stay that way! Docs delivers the latest on healthy lifestyles, medical options, and overall healthcare that you’ve surely needed. Listen on iTunes.
- Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversations: SuperSoulers, rejoice! Your favorite interviews and aha! moments from SuperSoul Sunday are now part of a new podcast, Oprah’s SuperSoul Conversations. Episodes feature conversations with the world’s top thinkers, teachers and luminaries. Subscribe on iTunes.