10 Easy Ways To Update Your Home Decor
I don’t talk about here much but I am a bit of a home decor junkie. I love a really beautiful home. As much as I love home decor you would think that I spent all my time making my own home perfect.
I totally don’t.
As a matter of fact, for as much time as I spend reading blogs, pinning on Pinterest, and watching HGTV, I have barely updated my home since we bought it 5 years ago. After attending a fun Home Decor event at Kmart I am happy to say that I learned some really amazing tips from this even that even I could use! These tips are easy, practical and super affordable.
Kmart has a ton of gorgeous home decor items, even I was stunned by the beautiful selection of textures and colors. They sell everything from funky place settings, to outdoor grills, to mason jars and
- New Shades: You can take your existing lamps and put NEW shades on them. Plus the mix and match option is all the rage now too! You can basically take a couple of lamp shades and create a universal look for a room
- Pillows: So easy! A lot of the pillows from Kmart are $19.99 or less and it’s a great way to update any room quickly and easily plus it can provide a nice pop of color. Plus outdoor space
- Accessories: Switching textures–so if you have a lot of silver in your home, you can update those items to a beautiful rose gold.
- Outdoor space: Get a indoor/outdoor rug with a pretty pattern. The ones at Kmart are kid AND pet friendly and easy to clean!
- Plants: Plants can create spaces within spaces and can also be used for effective room dividing
- Create your own light fixtures out of shades: combine shades together to make one huge fixture, its a cool and funky DIY alternative to regular light fixtures. No electrician needed, all you need to do is wire it and plug it in.
- In the kitchen: You can update your dish clothes, pot holders, dish rack mat and so much more to really bring a nice pop of color to the kitchen.
- Mason Jars: You can use different sized mason jars for all the countertop utensils as well as flour, sugar and of course, cookies!
- Dish ware, mugs: If you have see through cabinets getting brightly colored dish ware and mugs
- Large Glass Jars: You can put lots of different items in jars for a beautiful visual effect, things like brightly colored fruits in jars look fantastic on a countertop!
[Tweet “Here is how you can update your #homedecor with 10 easy tips! #ShoppingIsFunAgain @Kmart”]
How often do you update your home decor?
Hi! I’m Nellie. I am a busy mama of three, wife to my high school sweetheart who loves to cook, workout and stay organized! I love to share helpful printables, the best recipes and fitness tips for the modern mom. I strongly believe that every mom can feed their family well, take proper care of themselves and have fun along the way! Read my story.
Get comfortable and be sure to come hang out with me on social. Don’t grab your free fitness journal before you go!
Thursday 2nd of February 2017
I agree that pillows are an effective and budget friendly way to update a room. I recently added some bright yellow pillows to my blue sofa to add some character to the room. Thanks for sharing.
Wednesday 15th of June 2016
Totally agree that adding some plants and changing out the textiles in a space can completely change the feel of the room. I feel like we're always updating our home. It's going on 50 years old now, so there's always something to fix!
Tuesday 14th of June 2016
Pillows and plants! Now you sound just like Cassidy. I love how simple things can be transformative. It doesn't have to break the bank!
Monday 13th of June 2016
I am still waiting on my couch....*sigh* I love to decorate with bright festive things during the summer.
Monday 13th of June 2016
I truly love all your tips, especially the towels and mason jars, too!! ;)