I am absolutely in love with this car. It reminds me a lot of myself actually pretty with a lot of curves. (oh, the modesty!) Seriously though, as a blogger I get to do some really cool stuff sometimes, but getting a beautiful new car to drive for a week? Yes, yes thank you.
Runs Worth the Drive
The amazing folks over at Buick lent me a beautiful new Buick Verano as a part of their amazing campaign called “Runs Worth The Drive”. Since I don’t drive I recruited my cousin to drive me to my chosen run destination: Brooklyn Bridge.
The Verano is definitely one of the sleeker cars I have ever been in. First, I wish I could bottle that new car smell and sell it as a fragrance. Next there were so many features on the Verano that makes it tough to beat.
I chose Brooklyn Bridge because it was on my bucket list (way back when I turned 30) and it was a short yet manageable distance for a run.
However, by the time I got there after work it was nearly impossible to full out run between the tourists and the residents coming home from work. I did brisk walk but you know I had to stop for some pictures along the way!
My cousin wasn’t able to find parking on the Brooklyn side so we met on the Manhattan side of the bridge. When I finally reached across, I simply was a bit flabbergasted at how pretty the Buick Verano was. (if she were mine, I would name her. Something along the lines of Elizabeth or Diana, she was just so regal and classy!).
When I got inside there features really were endless, there are a million great things about this car but our favorite details are the following:
- The sound is amazing
- Keyless entry, push to start
- Safety features. Sound when too close front or behing. Parking and driving
- Indicators in the mirror when you are too close to turn
- USB portal
- Bluetooth portal
- Ease of use hands free buttons right on the steering wheel
- Smooth driving
- Seat Warner’s when it’s cold
- Digital speedometer
- Easy to get used to
We had such a great time in the car that we ended up going to several boroughs listening to great music on the cars amazing sound system and enjoying each others company.
I plan on running the bridge (and all bridges in NYC for that matter) because it was awesome just going across with all the cars beneath you and the seriously awesome views of the skyline and the water. I now have a new goal–run ALL the bridges! I’m sad I didn’t run the 10k at Fitbloggin because that seemed like it was such a great experience!
Here are some more great features about the Buick Verano:
- The Verano compact luxury sedan, now the oldest model in the Buick lineup at just over two years old
- Verano saw its best year yet with 42,012 retail deliveries, up 6 percent in 2013
- Named 2013 most reliable compact luxury American car by Consumer reports
- 2014 Consumer Guide Best Buy award for the premium compact car segment.
- Recognized for 5-Year Lowest Cost of Ownership of Entry Luxury Sedan by Kelly Blue Book.
- Continues to lead brand conquest, with 51 percent of buyers trading in non-GM vehicle or no trade.
- First-ever luxury compact entry for Buick with premium refinement, comfort, performance and style.
- More powerful and faster than Lexus IS250, Acura ILX and Audi A3.
For all my runners Buick partnered with the MapMyFitness app to host a running challenge that will be happening through August! There are tons of prizes to be won and it’s all free! I didn’t have the app prior to learning about the challenge but downloading and joining the challenge was extremely easy. Log in to the app, look under challenges, and because this challenge is so popular (over 70k participants!) you just have to click on it to join.
All you have to do is run a total of 30 miles between June 25 and August 7 to and you could win a trip for two to the Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon in Arizona.
Thank you Buick for the opportunity to execute my Run Worth The Drive!
Where have you driven to run? Are you going to join the challenge? Have you ever walked/run a bridge? What is your favorite feature about the Buick Verano?