7 Easy and Thoughtful Teacher Appreciation Gift Ideas
It’s getting to be that time of year!
Those of us with school age children know that gift giving season for teacher is upon us. The last day of school is quickly approaching and parents sometimes feel compelled to give gifts to the teachers that
tolerated, babysat took good care of our children and taught them through another school year.
Getting the right gift can be overwhelming and the last thing you might want to do is get the wrong gift. I consulted an expert, a person who has spent 25 years as a teacher and principal. She has received countless gifts over the years some amazing and some not quite so amazing. To write this post I enlisted the expertise of–you guessed it–my mom! Here are her top recommendations for gifts the teacher in your life will love.
- Gift Certificate To A Book Store: This gift is super versatile because the teacher can use the card to buy herself a novel or even accessories/books for her classroom
- Scarf: A beautiful infinity scarf is not only an awesome accessory for work and play, but such a cool addition to the wardrobe. Plus they are perfect for transitioning weather! (I personally can’t get enough!)
- A Gift certificate for a Mani/pedi at a fancy salon: Because teachers deserve to be pampered too! What a great way to start their summer vacation.
- A Gift Certificate to a local restaurant: Make sure it’s a good one that you have tried, or at least has good reviews on Yelp!, food is a great gift for pretty much anyone
- Movie tickets for two: There are some awesome blockbusters coming out this summer and you can make sure your favorite teacher is covered!
- Gift Bag with Personalized Pens and Pencils: We all know that pens and pencils are used daily by teachers, so why not get them special pens with their names on it? Personalized gifts are always a really great way to show that you put special thought into the present.
- Starbucks/Dunkin’ Donuts/Tim Horton’s Gift Card: Because most teachers need coffee to survive
mythe kids in the classroom.