You may or may not remember my posts last year when I went to an Allergy Face Event and learned so much cool stuff–well, I did it again! Now I’m back with even more tips to avoid Allergy Face since the Allergy season is upon us!
I know a lot of you suffer from very bad allergies, including my friend Joi, so here are some great tips to avoid and make the best out of a puffy face, watery eyes, red nose and ALL the makeup issues that come with having allergies!
- To help reduce redness under your nose, opt for an on-trend, high shine lipstick or lipgloss in a copper or bronze color
- If you wear glasses during allergy season, don’t forget that they can magnify puffy eyes. To compensate, look for a concealer two shades darker than your skin tone. Be sure to pat on the concealer with your index finger or brush.
- Try avoiding makeup all together, apply a self-tanner for a fresh and healthy glow that lasts all day.
- At the end of each day avoid rubbing skin that may already be irritated by a runny nose. Instead, look for gentle, “tug-less” cleansers or makeup removers.
- Use a cotton swab and dab a shimmery pearl shadow on the area between the bridge and the nose and your eyes. The lighter shadow will help brighten up your face
- Take advantage of the big, bold brow trend, which allows you to go easy on eye makeup. Focus on shaping and penciling brows to help “wake up” your allergy face and distract from watery eyes.
- Your eyes are one of the first signs that your Allergy Face is acting up. “Naked” eye shadow palettes are made up of softer colors and less pigments, they can help to lighten and brighten eyes when you are suffering from Allergy Face.
As a part of the event I got a mini makeover, including my brows (I never pay attention to my brows, when I’m in the nail salon the ladies are ALWAYS
begging asking me to do my eye brows) So I was really excited about that. I also got to reconnect with Rebekah George, beauty expert and overall sweetie pie!
Do you have allergies? Do you do change your make up routine to accommodate them?
Do you keep up with your eye brows? Am I the only one in the world that doesn’t pay attention to them?!