Grab Your Coffee, It’s Time To Dish.
So I wanted to share a bunch of random things going on that don’t belong in one subject post. I narrowed the billion to 10. You won’t believe this stuff, actually…you will.
10) While shoveling snow outside I walked head first into my wall air conditioner. Most specifically the appliance edge. I think it’s the first time in my life I have ever had a knot on my head! The view of my (un-shoveled) block on Monday.
9) I am a huge fan of the Biggest Loser show (y’all know I love me some thinspiration!) however, I was shocked to see the winner, Rachel go from 260 to 105 pounds. I didn’t even recognize her. Congrats on her weightloss however, I don’t want these young girls believing that this is what you strive for. I hope she gets it right soon. For more on this topic you can click here.
8) I don’t think I have ever had a birthday where it didn’t snow. However, Ice rain is brand new. Dear winter, you win!!!
7) Your comments on my state of the union post may or may not have made me cry. If no one is there to witness the tears, did they really happen? You guys are the absolute best. The post may have seemed a little aggressive but I wasn’t knocking anyone’s hustle. I just wanted it to be known that my intentions are clear and focused.
6) The brain works in mysterious ways. I saw a great airfare deal on facebook and it triggered my memory that I had bought a groupon and forgot about it! Normal stuff right? Except the groupon was FROM TWO YEARS AGO! I frantically went in search of said groupon (which is for a vacation with airfare included!!) and it turns out the voucher expires on 6/14/14!! I still have time! I am in the process of booking a quick getaway for me and the hubs, but seriously. How could I forget that I purchased this groupon and not remember until more than a year later?!
5) Thank you so much for your awesome birthday wishes yesterday. Although I begged my husband *not* to do a long drawn out version of happy birthday in a facebook post…he did…and he happened to choose a pic that I was 4 months pregnant in. Really?! The worse part is that you totally can’t tell — I just look super round. 🙂
4) My 2 year old is saying more and more words daily. We have had a very very mild “terrible twos” so far. He has now gotten into the ritual of sitting in mommys lap when she is trying to comment on blogs and gets especially happy when he sees the kids of Janine, Allie, & Tamara to name a few. This usually involves a lot of squealing, pointing and “mommy look!”
3) After 6 years of being an usher at my church I am resigning to step into an administrative role still within the usher organization. I’m excited because I get to introduce a new form of technology by creating databases and helping to work on their newsletter as well. This Sunday is my last service on the sanctuary floor. I will miss it, but it is time.
2) My sons 5th birthday is rapidly approaching and I haven’t planned one thing. I just know it will be Disney themed because I was chosen a few weeks ago to host a #disneyside party and was provided with all the decor and fun stuff needed to throw a magical celebration! I think I am also a bit anxious about him turning five. Such a big milestone! I’m not ready. (Are you starting to notice a theme?) I’m never ready for these natural life progressions!!
1) My husband purchased these amazing flowers for my birthday and had them sent to my job.
Then he brought me my favorite food ever…
Brinner (breakfast for dinner) from IHOP! Yes!!
Then the big winner…he got me tickets to see Motown on Broadway next week!! We would have went this week but that no babysitter life is real! We secured my mom for next week and so I am thrilled to be going to see this Tony award winning musical. I predict there will be a LOT of loud singing coming from me, I just heart Motown.