5 Reasons You Need To Book A Disney Cruise
Last weekend I got to do something pretty incredible, I got to preview the Disney Magic in a very special preview event! You all know how I feel about Disney. From my engagement in front of the castle, to races, to conferences–Orlando is pretty much my most frequently travelled place, ever.
It was a super cold and rainy day but that didn’t matter much because my heart was warm with excitement for the day. I’ve been on a few cruises in the past but never a Disney cruise! Here are some of the awesome highlights of the day.
- The Spa: I’ve never seen a spa like this in real life much less on a BOAT! The spa was gorgeous, you can get pretty much anything done from facials to teeth whitening (!). The spa area is gorgeous and super zen. You can get a mani/pedi or simply even relax in the sauna. They even have top of the line products to choose from. Couples massage? Why not?! The rooms are plenty and clean. Every mom deserves at least one treatment while on the boat, self care is awesome even on vacation!
- Mickey Mouse Clubhouse: the Mickey Mouse clubhouse is a special play area for kids 4-12. They have plenty of fun things to keep them busy (while you get that spa treatment) like tablets, and this super fun iron man virtual game. I got to try it out and it’s the coolest!! It’s a really fun adult free place for kids to hang.
- Animator’s Palate: We were able to have lunch in the Animator’s Palate restaurant. Little did I know that it was a completely interactive experience! There are fun drawings everywhere (which reminded me of my second favorite resort at Walt Disney World, Art of Animation). When you arrive you are asked to draw a character then your waiter collects them. Halfway through your meal your artwork comes to life for everyone to see! It was the coolest! Oh and the food was divine as well. 🙂
- Tangled the Musical: We got to preview the awesome musical version of one of my favorite Disney movies Tangled. The show was a little over an hour and it was held in the beautiful Walt Disney Theater. The acting, singing and dancing was incredible. The set was really gorgeous as well, it could easily be on Broadway with Aladdin and The Lion King. So good!
- Mixology classes: Another fun adult offering was the mixology classes held at “Keys” which resembles a stunning old school Chicago bar. You will get taught what you need to make the perfect cocktail, how to combine flavors and how to make the perfect mojito. Did I mention you get a drink ALL the drinks?! I made myself a no-jito made of agave, blueberry, mint, club soda and lime and it was pretty delish! We even got to mash the ingredients like a real bartender :).
Pools: The pools are gorgeous. There is even an adult only pool if you want!
Family Announcements: the Disney cruise staff makes an individual announcement for every family that arrives making them feel welcome right away.
Health safety is a priority: before we sat down for lunch each person in line was handed a wipe to clean their hands. Also in the Mickey Mouse club there was a really cool hand washing machine. I saw several anti bacterial types of machines all around the deck.Here are 5 reasons why YOU should book a @DisneyCruise #DCLNewYork #DisneySMMC #Disney Click To Tweet
Marvel At Sea is coming in November 2017! If your kids (including your husband) is as obsessed with the entire marvel franchise as mine are they will FLIP over this new addition! For one day during the cruise the ship will have live superheroes, marvel movie marathons and even marvel game trivia! Sign me up!!
Special thanks to Disney Cruise Line for giving this Disney Junkie a very special day. I can’t wait to start planning our cruise for next year! For more visuals of the fun day out, check out the video below!