My husband and I never get to go out on dates–like ever.
My mom is really the only person I trust and in my mind, the only one that can handle my kids. My mom however has a life of her own with her husband, a budding business post retirement and the daycare business that she has been managing for years. All of that calls for a very busy mommy.
So when I was approached about HowAboutWe , I was intrigued. My husband and I hadn’t been on a date night really since the summer.
What is HowAboutWe?
- HowAboutWe for Couples is a subscription service designed specifically for couples.
- Each month, you and your significant other receive a new “DateBook” – filled with pre-planned, one-of-a-kind experiences in your city.
- HowAboutWe for Couples membership (Cost is $22 per month) gets you: FREE HowAboutWe Dates — every month, Sold-out tickets and members-only events, Early booking on HowAboutWe Dates, Up to 75% off other HowAboutWe Dates, Couples Rewards
- Membership requires no commitment and you can cancel at any time. Dates on HowAboutWe for Couples can also be purchased as a non-Member, without the Member discount and other benefits.
- HowAboutWe knows how busy couples are. That’s why most dates are flexible and can be scheduled whenever you decide. Some are one-time-only scheduled events, like performances or special excursions.
I looked through the enormous datebook and I immediately knew I wanted to attend a Broadway play. Even though I work right next to the biggest and baddest broadway plays in Times Square I simply never go.
So last Thursday night, my husband met up with me after work and we walked a few blocks down the crowded Christmas touristy streets and decided to grab a bite before the show.
We ate at Havana Central, Cuban food is just the best, I’m pretty certain I’ve eaten at almost every Cuban resto in NYC!, the food was great, very laid back, very tourist friendly and very very authentic!
Everything was SO good! YUM.
Our HowAboutWe Date:
The Date we chose out of our customized date book was tickets to the acclaimed Broadway play “Chaplin” it is based on the life story of Charlie Chaplin’s life. It was a tough choice because there were so many fun things to choose from!
It was a seriously amazing play. I cried at the end–it was just so beautiful. of course Charlie Chaplin is way before our time, but I never knew his political influence, nor his very uhm, lively, personal life 🙂 The play was so much fun and so perfect.
Going to a Broadway play is one of those things that I always claimed to love yet, never make time for. This play has renewed my love for the great white way!
It was quite the perfect date night, and I look forward to using HowAboutWe services in the near future. Its just simpler.
Been on any good dates lately?