You guys know me. I’m a fitness junkie but I am also a tech junkie–so when the two combine I am pretty much in heaven because I love statistics (and fancy gadgets!).
Last week, just 72 hours before my first marathon I was invited to join TomTom for a fun 305 fitness dance class and to tryout the new TomTom Spark which is set to redefine the your typical fitness watch!
Although I got there a bit late (thanks nyc traffic!) I was still able to change into my workout clothes pretty quickly and jump in. Just a few minutes in I was in love. Dance fitness is something that I haven’t gotten to do much since marathon training so when I put on those headphones with Pitbull pumping through my ears it was like I had come alive right there in that moment. I forgot about paces, miles and just had a great time.
It was glorious.
So I’ve had a chance to play with the watch since the class and I think I’ve found my dream fitness watch.
Here are a few reasons why I am in love:
1) Swimming: Even though I don’t swim (yet) You can track your laps because the watch is completely waterproof! (This also helps when you have a three year old that likes to “wash” everything)
2) It tracks every activity: I do a lot at the gym, somedays it will be a little cardio and a lot of lifting–but that won’t quite reflect on pedometers or GPS watches because a lot of the movement is static. This tracks your heart rate during activity!
But wait, there’s more!
3) GPS: The runner inside of me will be happy too because there is a GPS tracker in this watch too! Nuff said.
4) Choose your tempo: When you train you can choose to monitor your heart rate based on Sprint, Speed, Endure, Fat Burn and Easy.
5) It holds music (!): This is definitely the first watch that I’ve seen that can hold actual music (like 500 songs) on the device! The watch syncs with your existing wireless headphones and you can even get a bundle that already includes a pair.
6) There’s an app!: After all your swims, track workouts, lifting sessions you can keep track of it all in the TomTom app. For me that’s huge because I love me some stats!!
There are SEVEN different modes you can exercise with and these include:
- Indoor (spinning)
Plus it’s super stylish and it goes with every outfit. I can’t stop raving about this watch. I’m still learning all of the cool features but it is definitely a winner to me!
There are several different types of the TomTom Spark Fitness Watch for you to choose from:
- TomTom Spark GPS Fitness Watch
- TomTom Spark Cardio GPS Fitness Watch
- TomTom Spark Music GPS Fitness Watch
- TomTom Spark Cardio + Music GPS Fitness Watch
- TomTom Spark Music GPS Fitness Watch + Bluetooth® Headphones
- TomTom Spark Cardio + Music GPS Fitness Watch + Bluetooth® Headphones
I am super impressed with the TomTom Spark. If you are in the market, consider this one because it is definitely the rolls royce of fitness watches!