4 weeks to go!
So I’m here, ready to go, ready to give birth to boy 2 after what seems like a super long pregnancy…I’m here!
So what does this all mean exactly?
I suppose after all of the
complaining detailing that I have done on the blog you think I’d be over the moon right?
Except now it seems so surreal, to be in the same place I was almost three years ago with a newborn, a new body and a lot of adjusting to do.
I am so thankful that we were fortunate enough to purchase a home at the beginning of this year which allows me more space to roam with baby without going stir crazy like I did with my first in our itty bitty apartment.
A couple of things that I am looking forward to in a couple of weeks (other than the lovely arrival of my healthy baby boy):
- · Sleep. I know a newborn doesn’t really let you sleep, but I’ll take two hours of sleep on my belly, than random insomnia and every two minute bathroom trips!
- · Being able to pick up my son again, although he is a hefty 30+ pounds, I miss the connection!
- · Eating. Since I have had nausea the entire way, I haven’t been able to eat the food that I want/enjoy without severely paying for it later.
- · Walking normally (nuff said)
- · Maternity leave! Not thinking about work every day really frees up brain time to think about the important stuff!
- · Working out (Seriously in February, minor stuff in January) The thought of designing and planning a new routine is intoxicating, I adore fitness so I am my own little pet project!
I am so excited to be getting back to my “old self” again, even though I will be a brand new mom of 2. A new person altogether!
**An Update on Thanksgiving** I took all of the lovely comments and suggestions from those who commented to heart and I approached the situation as calmly as I could. I am happy to report that the dinner went well, it was mostly centered around the upcoming birth—which was fine with me 🙂 There were, of course, some snide comments but nothing crazy enough to have me flip my wig. Thank you all for the encouragement and kind words, I’m surely glad I’m not the only out here with in-law issues!
Anything awesome that you are looking forward to in the next few weeks? Do share.