10 Easy Ways To Update Your Home Decor
I don’t talk about here much but I am a bit of a home decor junkie. I love a really beautiful home. As much as I love home decor you would think that I spent all my time making my own home perfect.
I totally don’t.
As a matter of fact, for as much time as I spend reading blogs, pinning on Pinterest, and watching HGTV, I have barely updated my home since we bought it 5 years ago. After attending a fun Home Decor event at Kmart I am happy to say that I learned some really amazing tips from this even that even I could use! These tips are easy, practical and super affordable.
Kmart has a ton of gorgeous home decor items, even I was stunned by the beautiful selection of textures and colors. They sell everything from funky place settings, to outdoor grills, to mason jars and
- New Shades: You can take your existing lamps and put NEW shades on them. Plus the mix and match option is all the rage now too! You can basically take a couple of lamp shades and create a universal look for a room
- Pillows: So easy! A lot of the pillows from Kmart are $19.99 or less and it’s a great way to update any room quickly and easily plus it can provide a nice pop of color. Plus outdoor space
- Accessories: Switching textures–so if you have a lot of silver in your home, you can update those items to a beautiful rose gold.
- Outdoor space: Get a indoor/outdoor rug with a pretty pattern. The ones at Kmart are kid AND pet friendly and easy to clean!
- Plants: Plants can create spaces within spaces and can also be used for effective room dividing
- Create your own light fixtures out of shades: combine shades together to make one huge fixture, its a cool and funky DIY alternative to regular light fixtures. No electrician needed, all you need to do is wire it and plug it in.
- In the kitchen: You can update your dish clothes, pot holders, dish rack mat and so much more to really bring a nice pop of color to the kitchen.
- Mason Jars: You can use different sized mason jars for all the countertop utensils as well as flour, sugar and of course, cookies!
- Dish ware, mugs: If you have see through cabinets getting brightly colored dish ware and mugs
- Large Glass Jars: You can put lots of different items in jars for a beautiful visual effect, things like brightly colored fruits in jars look fantastic on a countertop!