Instead of spending tons of money traveling all over the place to entertain the kids, I have promised to do more exploring of my own city because there is so much that I haven’t seen! One of these places is Brooklyn Bridge Park. I had heard so many great things about this place and I wanted to try it out for myself.
5 Reasons Why You Should Visit Brooklyn Bridge Park With Kids
1) Jane’s Carousel: This carousel is over 100 years old but it is one of the most beautiful merry go rounds I have ever seen. We are considered carousel experts and this one is just gorgeous, with views of the water and the bridge through the plexiglass surrounding the ride is very relaxing and tranquil.
2) Beautiful Playgrounds: Just a few steps away from the carousel, there is a huge playground with plenty of activities for the kids to do. It has all the qualities of a great playground including slides, poles, climbing and etc. There is even a park with swings! Some of the cool features includes a sandbox, and water area.
3) Brooklyn Ice Cream Factory: Need I say anymore? When we approached the Brooklyn Ice Cream shop midday the line was right out the door. The great thing is that the line moved relatively quickly and it was so worth it! It was the perfect summer treat!
4) The View: the views are absolutely stunning. There were lots of couples and families doing some fantastic photo shoots, with the water and the bridge in the background it really is picture perfect. Whether you have a camera phone or a fancy camera, make sure you dedicate some time to get some great photo memories!
5) Trendy Restaurants: There is no shortage of restaurants that are on the water that provide indoor and outdoor seating. This includes the cult favorite Shake Shack! Don’t forget that there are plenty of multicultural restaurants just within a few blocks of the park too so there is no limit to good eats!
Don’t forget Brooklyn Bridge Park hosts lots of different events every single day! Check out the comprehensive schedule here.