I’ve been running around like a crazy person trying to get everything that I wanted to do while I was on maternity leave…I’ve had four months to do these things!! WHAT Happened?!
- I got wayyy too comfortable with the little guy. He is super fun to cuddle with, takes naps with, dance with…you get the point. He is just too irresistible!
- My DVR is evil. I am sure of it. But it’s still my best friend. I have gotten into so many new shows since my maternity leave, and since I used to go to the gym in the evenings, I’d spend my day “catching up” with everything from the night before. TV Junkie is what I be.
- I took up baking, I’ve been a baking maniac since February. I have baked a total of 16 different cupcakes since I got a stand mixer. 2 Cheesecakes, many banana breads (the toddler and the hubby loves it!) and countless new recipes.
SO now I am running around doing things that I know will be hard to do once I go back to work full time with two kids! I’m trying to schedule doctor appointments, reorganize my closets, iron as much clothing as possible…I mean, the works! I’ve had four months off, where did the TIME GO!?
Returning to work is just like the first time I did it, bittersweet.
- I am so excited to get back to my co-workers whom of which are like my family
- I am excited to go back and experience the thrill of closing deals and implementing projects
- I am excited to do my makeup everyday and intentionally wear something nice
- I am excited for the commute and hour+ usually uninterrupted to read, write, listen to music etc.
- A second paycheck…need I say more?
- If I thought I was sleep deprived before, this is a whole new ball game.
- Work is NOT better than cuddling with the boys
- I have to iron again and wear grown people clothing (tights and PJs all day is a wrap)
- The commute, sometimes it can be super aggravating travelling from BK to NYC and back every single day.
You guys are super smart. If you have ANY tips at all to help me transition back in to the swing of things I am open!