5 Reasons Why Curvy Yoga Is Completely Inspiring
I have always admired anyone that can do yoga. I have never been very good at it (except that one time when I went through a Hot Yoga obsession and I was going to class at least 3 times a week). Quite honestly I’ve always been a bit intimidated by yoga in any form because I never looked like everyone else in the room.
Though I love Yoga and all the peace and zen it brings me, I find it hard to be consistent and progress in my practice because somewhere deep down I believe that I can never be as flexible as some of the amazing women I have seen. That was…until I stumbled upon this beautiful movement called Curvy Yoga.
I shared this awesome ad on my facebook page that went viral pretty quickly this weekend:
Isn’t it so great? I must have watched it a dozen times. She is so amazing and confident–and she got SKILLS! Did you see that handstand? I have seen people in my yoga classes do handstands and I have always thought to myself that “I can never do that”
You don’t need fancy things to feel good. You can hug a puppy. You can buy a can of paint and surround yourself with color. You can plant a flower and watch it grow. You can decide to trust people – the right people. You can decide to start over and let other people start over too. – Joan Bauer #selfloveisreallove #badwolfyoga #yogiswithcurves #curvyyogis #bodypositivity #happyyogi #yogagram #igfitness #igyoga #yogaeverydamnday #namaste #yogisofinstagram #yogastrong #myyogalife #challengeyourself #om #peace #practicedaily #wellness #progressoverperfection #yogachallenge
It is one of the most inspiring movements happening on the internet–hands down. Here are five reasons why you should pay attention to this greatness.
Want some new leggings for the fall? Lineage Wear is shipping all orders for FREE through Friday! Yes!! Use code PumpkinSpice at checkout to get free shipping through Friday. ☺️ Lineage Wear are my top pick for leggings, they are durable, high quality, come in awesome prints, and range in sizes up to 3x (which I would call up to a 26/28). Check em out! http://lineagewear.com 😊 pic by @jxmmy ##bestleggingsever @lineagewear
- They do amazing things with their bodies – Regardless if they are a size 10 or 24 they are nailing each and every move. They quickly dismiss any preconceived notions about the limitations of a curvy body.
- They are all beautiful – Something about a curvy yogi just screams grace and confidence!
- They inspire you to be better – After seeing the awesomeness of these ladies, nailing even the most difficult of poses, I am inspired to simply just practice more to be even just a little bit better.
- It’s Inclusive – As I mentioned before, it can be quite difficult and intimidating to walk into a yoga studio, or even start practicing at home because you often don’t see yogis that look like me in classes. These amazing women make you feel as if you can do it, which is super encouraging.
- It’s a revolution – It’s not just a few women being amazing, there is an entire movement of curvy women all over instagram and social media, you can find a sampling by checking out the hashtag #curvyyoga or #curvyyogis
Y'all, it's official- I'm teaching at NYC's @yogacollectivenyc on January 6th at 6pm! It'll be an hour long vinyasa flow- all levels, all bodies! I wish I could do classes like this all the time all over the country, but until teleportation is a thing, occasional appearances will have to do. No matter your level, whether you're new to vinyasa or if you've been sweating it out for years, arrive with a positive attitude and you'll reap all the benefits. $20/person, & you can find registration info at jessamynstanley.com/tour- link is in my bio! (Maybe we can all go for coffee/juice/kombucha afterwards and talk about yoga dreams?) I've been sick as a dog since I got home from NYC- a stuffy nose turned into an ear infection and I've been Charlie Brown/George Michael Bluth walkin' it out all over my house ever since. I'll be in Denver next week so hopefully it'll clear up before then- speaking of which, any Denver #yoga studio recommendations? This trip will be heavy on the R&R, so I definitely want to take more than a few classes if I can. Also, apropos of nothing, I finally got an iphone and it's AMAZING. Seriously, I have been using the most bobo ass phone for ages and this phone is a revelation. YES, I'M OLD AND I'M RHAPSODIZING ABOUT MY SMARTPHONE 287937 YEARS AFTER EVERYONE ELSE FOUND ABOUT IT. It's a brand new day. This photo is a throwback to a sunny beach day last summer when I taught my dad how to use my GoPro. Papa Stanley is an O.G. hipster who still doesn't even trust Facebook. Technological weirdness runs in the family. Leggings- @maleshactivewear Top- @paramitadesigns
If you need more Curvy Yoga inspiration be sure to check out Curvy Yogi’s Represent!